Bhutan Youth Development Fund
Bhutan Youth Development Fund-Civil Society Organization
Registered as a Public Benefit Organization under the Civil Society Organization Act of Bhutan, 2007
About YDF Innovate Bhutan
Innovate Bhutan is a social enterprise unit that acts as a center for social and business innovation under Bhutan Youth Development Fund. It is located in the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. The Fourth King of Bhutan, Druk Gyalpo Jigme Singye Wangchuck established the Bhutan Youth Development Fund in 1999. Her Majesty the Queen Mother Ashi Tseyring Pem Wangchuck currently serves as its President. At Innovate Bhutan, we help inno-preneurs bring their ambitious ideas to life.
Executive Director: Mrs. Dorji Ohm
Prioritizing innovation today is the key to unlocking post-crisis growth—sustainably. Recognizing the youth’s potential in connecting the past and the present with the future and driving positive change, Innovate Bhutan (iBhutan) has been established to create impact and epitomize what responsible Bhutanese entrepreneurs can accomplish.
- To promote youth entrepreneurship and innovation as a vehicle for youth employment, and economic inclusion in Bhutan.
- To create businesses that support the UN SDGs and the Gross National Happiness of Bhutan.
- To establish innovative social enterprises as a new funding stream for Bhutan Youth Development Fund.
- To preserve and protect the environment, through promoting sustainable development initiatives that maintain the ecological balance.
Combine social and business innovation and forge empowered leaders to create socially and environmentally innovative ventures in Bhutan.
- Provide a place for innovation and connect people to people, knowledge, technology, and other resources
- Transform ideas into reality through prototyping and testing. Desirability, feasibility, and viability are key.
- Facilitate access to investment, business development partnerships, and other supports.
- Create, measure, and scale social and economic returns together.