The Union of Inventors of Bulgaria (UIB) is a creative public organization functioning on the principles of voluntary membership and democratic self-governing. Its basic purpose is to unite Bulgarian inventors, to assure the protection of their creative and professional rights, interests and acquisitions for raising their public prestige through increasing their contribution to the national industry’s scientific, technical and technological development.
UIB is a non-profit association for the private benefit of inventors, patent specialists, breeders and innovators from all fields of science and technology and operates on the principles of voluntary membership, self-government and democracy in accordance with the Law on Legal Entities. non-profit and the Statute of the Union.
Mr. Mario Christov
- To take part in the development, discussion, improvement, and enforcement of normative acts in the sphere of the inventiveness;
- To contribute to raising the knowledge and qualification in the sphere of inventiveness and patent and licensing activities through organizing conferences, symposiums, discussions, seminars, courses, etc.
- To assist in and found conditions for introducing of inventions through the organizing of inventions’ exchange, digest-bulletins, participation in exhibitions, fairs, presentations, etc.
- To support the dialogue between its members and state, non-government and other institutions and subjects in the free market process in connection with their inventor’s activity;
- To establish contacts and develop collaboration with associations, creative unions, and other inventors’ organizations in Bulgaria and abroad;
- To contribute to the circulation of scientific, technical and patent-law literature in the sphere of inventiveness;
- To organize consultations on the problems connected with the inventing process and the legislation in this sphere;
- To acquaint the society and to propagandize the activities for supporting and taking into consideration the people, engaged with the creation and protection of intellectual property.
The Union has organized a constant weekly consultation reception hall on problems, connected with the creation, evaluation, and transfer of intellectual products. It provides free advertisement of inventions, utility models and industrial design developments for its members in its Internet sites and the sites of the International Federation of the Inventors’ Associations (IFIA) with the purpose of successful market realization of these products.
Members of the Union of Inventors of Bulgaria could be the authors of at least one invention or utility model, experts in patents and juridical persons. The Union of Inventors of Bulgaria is a member of the Federation of Science-Technical Unions of Bulgaria and of IFIA with headquarters in Switzerland.