China Association of Inventions (CAI)
Founded in 1985
The President of China Association of Inventions
Prof. Wu Zhaohui
Executive Vice President & Secretary General
Mr. Yu Huarong
Mr. Qian Weiqiang
Mr. Tang Dali
Mr. He Zhenfu
Deputy Secretary General
Mr. Xuan Zengpei
Initiated by 135 famous people, such as Hu Jintao, General Secretary of Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, other state and party leaders, academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and social activists, the China Association of Inventions (CAI) was founded in Beijing in 1985 with the approval of the State Council. China Association of Inventions is working under the guidance of the Ministry of Science and Technology and affiliated to the National Intellectual Property Administration Office.
- To mobilize social force to support and participate in self innovations, and to promote mass activities of invention and creation and enable them to form the strongest foundation for the development of science and technology.
- Act according to central government’s regards towards genius, try to discover and support talented people who work hard to make inventions and those who made achievements, and to protect the legal rights and interests of inventors.
- Carry out work on creativity development and innovation education, and to train innovation genius.
- To publicize inventions and to award inventors.
- Help application of inventions, especially for those who are not in the position to utilize their inventions.
- Play a good role of bridge and tie connecting the government and inventors.
- To conduct international exchange, and to strengthen contact and cooperation with foreign invention organizations.
CAI Activity Photos
Proposal for the Establishments
Human invention and creation propel forward the development of science and technology. The entire history that mankind evolved from the age of barbarism to the present modern society is a history of continuous inventions. “The Four Great Inventions” in ancient China have made great contributions to the world, adding an illustrious chapter to the Chinese nation. Today science and technology is the key to the realization of our Four Modernizations. To rejuvenate China, widespread and profound mass activities of invention must be carried out. For this purpose we propose that the nation-wide scientific and technical personnel, workers, peasants, youngsters as well as those who are enthusiastic in the activities of invention consider the establishment of the “China Association of Inventions”. In the present world, more and more attentions have been paid to inventions. In addition to the specific administrative agencies set up by the government, many countries have different forms of mass organizations. They have carries out mass activities of invention and have played an important role in promoting the progress of science and technology and in expediting the development of society and economy. Our Party and government have always attached great importance to inventions. Since the founding of new China, a whole set of laws and regulations have been issued, and series of measures have been taken in order to organize and encourage the inventions of the masses. Just since the reissuing of the “Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Rewards for Inventions” by the State Council in 1978, some 700 achievements in science and technology have won the national invention awards. A national session for scientific and technical awards was also convened in October 1982. All of these have greatly inspired and pushed forward the nationwide activities of invention and creation. Under the excellent situation at the present time if a mass organization is established to promote mass activities of invention and provide direction and assistance required, a favourable social atmosphere will certainly be formed. In this atmosphere people feel that inventions are both honorable and contributive. In this atmosphere people are encouraged to cherish science, to study hard, to be interested in progress of technology, and to take part in the activities of invention. Thus more and more qualified inventors will surely be brought up. More and better inventions will emerge. This will undoubtedly speed up the building of our socialist modernizations. China Association of Inventions will be a national organization of masses for inventions. Under the leadership of the Party, the Association shall uphold the “Four Cardinal Principles”, and take an active part in the building of civilizations both moral and material.
Tasks of the China Association of Inventions
- promoting and supporting the invention activities of masses;
- assisting various regions and departments in better carrying out the “Regulations on Rewards for Inventions” issued by the State Council;
- promoting the implementation, dissemination and application of inventions;
- exchange inventing experience, studying and exploring the law of invention;
- protecting the just rights and interests of inventors and organizing various forms of activities such as propaganda, exhibition and contest of inventions;
- taking part in worldwide communicating activities on inventions and establishing friendly contact with related international organizations.
All people who have been devoting themselves to the cause of science and technology for the Motherland and bold in inventions and innovations are taking action to carry out more widespread and more vigorous mass activities of invention and creation.