Croatian Union of Innovators
Under the Auspices of the National Croatian Technique
Croatian Companies and Regional Association
About Croatian Union of Innovators
The first association of innovators in Croatia at the national level was established in Zagreb on 1st October 1957, called Section of Croatian inventors under the auspices of the Croatian Technical Culture association, which was founded in 1946 and which was the forerunner of today’s Croatian Association of Technical Culture(HZTK). Croatian Association of Technical Culture is the umbrella organization of the Union Of Croatian Union of Innovators.
The Croatian Union of Innovators brings together 38 legal entities (innovators organizations on the basis of the territorial principle and 20 companies – collective members of innovative entrepreneurs) and 250 individual innovators. It brings together more than 1,500 members. The Union’s activities are important for the development and promotion of innovative work, the innovation system, intellectual property and entrepreneurship in the Republic of Croatia.
The Union of Croatian Innovators is a member of The International Federation of Inventor’s Associations – IFIA and The Association of European Inventors – AEI
Prof. Dr. Sc. Miljenko Šimpraga
- Promotion of innovation, innovators and innovative creativity (fairs, exhibitions, conferences, etc.)
- Organizing and linking innovation activities at the local level in companies and the academic community (innovative entrepreneurship, crafts, institutes, the university community, etc.)
- Cooperation with state bodies and institutions (ministries, agencies, chambers, other associations) to create a national innovation system,
- Care for young creative people through the activities of the Croatian Association of Technical Culture (Hrvatska zajednica tehničke kulture) and thematic exhibitions of creative work by young people IDIVA, IGRAČ and ARHIMED
- Drafting programs and projects for financing from European Union funds IPA – CBC, CIP and other EU programs.
UIH gathers and cares for continuous INNOVATION in creativity, which should lead to better quality and more creative products and services, because what was good and successful yesterday is not good enough to beat the competition tomorrow.