Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations in New York granted special consultative status to IFIA
Proudly, IFIA announces that after 5 years of effective work and close contact with the United Nations finally, IFIA received a grant special consultative status from the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations on June 6, 2019.
The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Consultative status for an organization enables it to actively engage with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programs, funds, and agencies in a number of ways.
Based on this opportunity, IFIA representatives are able to register and take part in the official meeting such as events, conferences, and other activities at the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations offices in Geneva and Vienna.
Therefore, organizations in general and special consultative status may appoint authorized representatives to sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, the Human Rights Council under certain conditions, the General Assembly, and other United Nations intergovernmental bodies.
Organizations in general and special consultative status are able to send written statements relevant to the work of the Council on subjects in which these organizations have a special competence. These statements may be circulated by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to the members of the Council.
The Secretary-General is authorized to offer United Nations facilities to NGOs in consultative status, including:
• accommodation for conferences or smaller meetings related to the work of ECOSOC, as available and under the conditions set at each UN Office;
• appropriate seating arrangements and facilities for obtaining documents during public meetings of the General Assembly that deal with matters in the economic and social and related fields;
• arrangement of informal discussions on matters of special interest to groups or organizations;
• access to United Nations press documentation services;
• prompt and efficient distribution of documents related to ECOSOC and its
subsidiary bodies as the Secretary-General deem appropriate;
• use of United Nations libraries.
IFIA hopes with this special opportunity its members and inventors all around the world be able to make IFIA’s goals faster.