IFIA General Assembly: Thirty-First Session
General Assembly 2012 was convened on 9 November alongside the 7th International Exhibition of Inventions in Kunshan Convention & Exhibition Center, Qianjin East Rd.388, Kunshan, Jiangsu Province, China from 14:00 to 18:00. The meeting was hosted by China Association of Inventions. The main coordinator was Mr. Yang Yifeng, Department of International Cooperation, CAI and IFIA Executive Committee member.
- Opening of the session
- IFIA Activity report
- IFIA Financial report
- IFIA Action Plan
- Election of ExCo members
- Membership fee
- Next GA
- Closing of the session
This Agenda was unanimously approved.
1. Opening of the Session
The following delegations of IFIA full members (with voting right) were present from:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Rep.
- Korea, Rep.
IFIA President, Mr. Vedres, asked the IFIA directors ( Husein Hujic and Adam Rylski) to seat at the presidium table. He had asked Mr. Adam Rylski to prepare the Minutes of GA.
2. Activity report 2010 – 2012
IFIA President and delegates provided reports about their activities from the last General Assembly organized in 2010.
IFIA Office Works in 2010
- Establish of “Árpád Bogsch Memory Medal”
- IFIA visit on Shanghai Expo and conference “Education, Science and Innovation” in Minhag High School
- Collective participation on IBTIKAR and ExCo meeting in Jeddah
- Collective participation on ARCA 2010
- Collective participation on IWIS and ExCo meeting
- 3rd Celebration of the International Inventors’ Day,
- Presentation of Cultural Innovations,
- Organization of General Assembly alongside the IENA Nuremberg
The IFIA Office Works in 2011
- 2nd World Cup of Computer Implemented Inventions and CII Festival and Conference
- Kaoshiung Campaign for the EU Patent
- Letter to the US President Barack Obama
- 4th Celebration of the International Inventors’ Day
- ExCo meeting, Stockholm
- World Competition of Green Inventions on IENA
- World Competition of Chemical Inventions on IWIS
The IFIA Office Works in 2012:
- 5th Celebration of Celebration of the International Inventors’ Day connected to the ARCA – Zagreb
- 2nd World Competition of Green Invention
- ExCo meeting connected to the IENA, Nuremberg
This report was unanimously approved.
3. IFIA Financial report 2010 – 2011
IFIA incomes from 2010
Income 2010……. 8 616$…….12 950€
Income 2011…… 16 610$…….. 1 870€
Income 2012……..1 600$…………300€
Balance in 2010:
USD 20 977 EURO 4 806 HUF -3 516 806
Balance in 2011:
USD 17 929 EURO 1 883 HUF -4 198 052
Remark: The Hungarian governmental guarantee concerning to annual support for the IFIA Office was presented on the last IFIA GA by Mr. Janos Latorcai (Vice President of the Hungarian Parliament) before the election of Mr. Vedres. This financial support (10 million HUF/year) was not granted. The costs of the IFIA Office in Budapest is paid by the IFIA President.
The balance sheets were approved by the ExCo. The financial report was unanimously approved.
4 . IFIA Action Plan 2010 – 2014
- To represent the inventors interest
- Campaigns for simple and cheap protection of inventions
- Struggle against the inventor scams
- Obtaining higher social appreciation for inventors
- Invention marketing
- Organization of efficient and cheap invention shows
- Organization of competitions
- Increasing the judgment level on exhibitions, awarding
- Growth of inventor movement by development of the IFIA
- Organizing of new members
- Better cooperation between members
- Income increasing
The first IFIA event in 2013 be on February 2 – 7 in IRAN. The applications concerning to the IFIA event status (criteria: free booth and other supports for IFIA members) must be sent until January 31, 2013 to the IFIA Office. The IFIA ExCo will accept the applications which will be published on the IFIA web until February 20, 2013. This Plans and Policy was unanimously approved.
5. Election of ExCo members for years 2012 – 2014
The mandate of the present Executive Committee members is finished. The following members were proposed for Executive Committee and were unanimously elected.
- China – Mr. Yang, Yifeng
- Czech Rep. – Mr. Pavel Dlohy
- Hungary – Mr. Janos Szöllösy
- Iran – Mr. Alireza Rastegar
- Korea Rep. – Mr. Shin Kyoung-ho
- Malaysia – Mr. Augustine S. H. Ong
- Nigeria – Mr. Joel Shaka Momodu
- Philippines – Mr. Virgilio Malang
- Romania – Mr. Octavian Plesa
- Russia – Mr. Vladimir Petriasov
- Saudi Arabia – Mr. Mohammad Alfawzan
- Slovenia – Ms. Ana Hafner
- Sweden – Mr. Cenneth Lindkvist
- Ukraine – Mr. Jurij Skomorovsky
- Yemen – Mr. Khaled Naswan dr.
6. Member fee for years 2012 – 2014
The majority of members has not paid their member fee. The GA requests the IFIA members to settle their debts which was unanimously approved.
7. Next General Assembly
The President proposed to Executive Committee members to determine the date and venue of the next General Assembly in 2014 . Durint the next General Assembly the new President and Executive Committee members will be elected. The GA acknowledged this proposal.