German inventors Association “DEV”
Professional Association of Separate
and Independent Inventors
Dipl.-Ing., Patent Ing
The German inventors Association “DEV” is the largest professional association of independent inventors in Germany. Building on the belief that inventors are creative artists and problem solver in society, DEV aims to be the mediator between the creative minds of the industry and the directing bodies in our country, SMEs and industry.
DEV has 400 members nationwide and is funded entirely through membership fees and donations. Among the members, there are a large number of “free inventors”, entrepreneurs, inventors, researchers, physicians, engineers, biologists, chemists, scientists from all faculties institutes and universities as well as small to medium companies characterized by inventors.
- DEV strengthen our inventor’s network and offer the necessary assistance to invention process “from concept to commercialization.
- DEV raise awareness about the inventors and their high profile projects through INNOVATION FORUM, DEV magazine. Through the KIT initiative we spread the culture of invention among children, youth and young adults. One of the goals is the especial support of young inventors by DEV-KIT-Initiative in order to build a bridge of international cooperation realized by IFIA-Youth Network Manager, Winfried Sturm.
- DEV sees itself as an important, central point of contact for inventors with innovative ideas. Registering an invention is a complex and time-consuming process, and DEV volunteers and DEV members provide valuable tips on this.
- The DEV provides the inventor with relevant addresses and contacts for receiving information on the subject of invention and innovation. This includes sources of information and information points at authorities and institutions, in particular patent information centers and the German Patent and Trademark Office.
- The DEV provides information and advice on all inventor exhibitions taking place in Europe and the USA and helps inventors to participate cheaply.