IFIA Bharat Hosted Multiple Events on the Occasion of World Creativity and Innovation Day 2023
World Creativity and Innovation Day is a global UN day celebrated on April 21 to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving concerning advancing the United Nations’ sustainable development goals. It is a day to celebrate your creative potential and showcase your innovative solutions. Also, April 22 is celebrated as Earth Day to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It is coordinated globally by EARTHDAY.ORG (formerly Earth Day Network). The official theme for 2023 is “Invest in Our Planet”
Pencilbox Design (www.pencilbox.in) conducted a highly inspirational session on Biomimicry (as the name implies, is the imitation of living things) with students (school & college), informing them of the importance of being creative and innovative in their daily lives and how they can get inspired by nature to solve problems and take their imagination to the next level.
The said session was conducted in 2 parts;
Part 1: Classroom Session-We updated the students and faculties about Biomimicry and shared many examples.
Part 2: Nature Part Visit-We visit Saptshakti Natures Park situated at Bani-Park, Jaipur, managed and maintained by Indian Army. Here kids explored nature and came up with many interesting ideas and innovated come very useful solutions.
The Biomimicry Model developed by Anuraag S, founder-Pencilbox Design was provided to 55 students along with a template to follow, for ease to approach Biomimicry.
The participating institutions were The Palace School, Dharav High School, Delhi Public School, and JECRC School of Design College. Students enjoyed the session and the brain-storming activity. The top 4 ideas were as under:
1. Saviour by Ayushi Joshi, JECRC School of Design (18 yrs)
2. The Re-leaf Chair’ by Divija Singh, Dharav High School (16 yrs)
3. Purple Martin-Hybrid Electricity’ by Aadya Sharma, The Palace School (17 yrs)
4. Parivartan Drone by Himanshi Agarwal, Delhi Public School, Jaipur (13 yrs)
1. Eagster by Jai Kumar, Delhi Public School (13 yrs)
2. Lumo-Leaf by Aaaradhya Tank, Dharav High School (15 yrs)
3. Artificial Tech’ by Kritinay Bharadwaj, Delhi Public School (16 yrs)
4. Holo by Manisha Saini, JECRC School of Design (18 yrs)
5. A nature-inspired poem, “TO THE MAGIC OF NATUR” was also submitted by Ms.Kashuee Agarwal, Dharav High School.
The outcome clearly shows that the initiative sincerely inspired the students to be more curious, creative, and collaborative in their learning.
We want to express our gratitude to Mr. Sandeep Sethi, Director of Education, Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II Trust, City Palace – Jaipur, School Principals, and Dean of JECERC School of Design for their participation & support. Also, big thanks to the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations– (IFIA BHARAT) for their support, encouragement, and collaboration.
The session was covered by The Times of India, Jaipur edition (Courtesy: The Palace School)