IFIA European Network
IFIA European Network is a working group of IFIA under the direct authority of the President consisting of IFIA European members to foster innovation at a European level.
The main functions of this network are to establish and maintain good and regular contacts with the European Parliament, European Commission and establish contacts with the European Patent Office (EPO) to facilitate drafting patent applications.
IFIA EUROPEAN INVENTOR NETWORK TO FOSTER INNOVATION
1. This is a working group of IFIA. It consists of European IFIA members which declare their participation on the IFIA EUROPEAN INVENTOR NETWORK TO FOSTER INNOVATION (as above Network).
2. The Network means that it is part of IFIA, under the direct authority of the President, and the control of the Executive Committee (ExCo).
3. The Network will, therefore:
(i) implement activities decided by the General Assembly (GA) or the ExCo,
(ii) act under the general or specific instructions of the President,
(iii) suggest new activities to the President,
(iv) report directly to the President.
Prof. Dr. Michal Szota
Gérard de VILLEROCHÉ
Dr. Andrei Victor Sandu
4. The geographic sphere of competence of the Network will not be limited to the member countries of the EU, it will be from the Atlantic Ocean to the Ural mountain.
5. However, it will have to keep an eye open on the EU policy vis-à-vis some other European countries.
Functions and Activities
6. The main functions of the Network will be to :
(a) Establish and maintain good and regular contacts with the European Parliament, European Commission, through the relevant Directorates, Units in Brussels and Luxembourg.
(b) Establish and maintain relations with the main lobbies in Brussels, in particular the 2 European NGOs representing the small and medium-sized enterprises.
(c) Establish and maintain relations with some EP Deputies and/or their offices.
(d) Establish contacts with the European Patent Office (EPO).
7. No additional fees will be requested by IFIA from its members,
8. The expenses of the Network will be paid from the IFIA Budget
9. The Network must remain a neutral body, as is the IFIA of which it is part. This means that the Department will :
(i) not advance the cause of any specific country or group of countries,
(ii) implement the policies decided by IFIA GA and/or ExCo.
10. The work of the Network is directed by President and Coordinators.
11. The Coordinators are elected by ExCo.
12. The Network is represented by Delegates who are entrusted by President.