IFIA General Assembly: Thirtieth Session in Nuremberg
IFIA General Assembly 2010 was convened on 29 October at 10:00 in Sal Amsterdam Hal 12, Messezentrum, Nuremberg.
- Opening of the session
- IFIA President Report
- Election of IFIA President
- IFIA Action Plan
- Election of IFIA ExCo members
- IFIA Member fee
- Closing of the session
This Agenda was unanimously approved.
1. Opening of the session
The following delegations of IFIA full members (with voting right) were present from:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Rep.
- Korea, Rep
- Saudi Arabia
- Taiwan, Province of China
IFIA President stated that this meeting is standard IFIA General Assembly and it opened. The President informed the delegates about the last decisions of ExCo and he explained that IFIA is more than forty years old organization. The new challenges wants new answers and to modernize the IFIA structure. Therefore in conformity with our Statutes Article 11.4 and 11.5 a Board of Directors will be organized in part of Secretariat of IFIA according to the fellows:
The IFIA Board of Directors is part of Secretariat of IFIA consisting of three directors and IFIA President as chairman of this board. Its mission is to guide and to assist the work of IFIA. Some particular action of director is done by President’s request. Some (accommodation and travel, etc) costs of director are covered by IFIA budget.
The nomination of directors is within the competence of IFIA President. The mandate of directors is two years (2011 – 2012).
Then he asked the IFIA directors (Pavao Havlicek, Husein Hujic and Adam Rylski) to seat at the presidium table. He asked Mr Pavao Havlicek to be the Chairman of GA.
2. IFIA President Report 2008 – 2010
Works after GA 2008
- Collective presentation on IBTIKAR 2008 (7 countries)
- Collective presentation on ARCA Zagreb (5 countries)
- IENA 60 + IFIA 40 = 100 Celebration in Nüremberg (Collective invention shows of the “The poor” and conference)
- Collective presentation on 2nd International Invention Fair in Kuwait (5 countries)
- Cultural presentations on SIIF Seoul and collective invention shows (5 countries)
Works in 2009
- ExCo meeting and “Computing and Innovation” Seminar in Budapest (8-11 January)
- Celebration of 2nd IID in Bangkok (2-5 February)
- Collective presentation of 25 IFIA delegates on 2×3 m booth in Kuala Lumpur, 12-16 May)
- Collective presentation on IWIS (1-3 June, Warsaw)
- Participation on Al-Bassel – Damascus and establish IFIA Arabic Network (16-19 July)
- GENIUS Budapest – ExCo meeting, Anti-crisis Declaration, International Competition of Diploma Workers (9-13 September)
- Collective presentation on ARCA 2009, Zagreb (16-20 September)
- Collective presentation of „poors” and „Cloth of Inventions” – design presentation on IENA
- Collective presentation on SIIF Seoul
- Bogsch-film prepared by IFIA on the WIPO web
Works until GA 2010
- First issue of “Bogsch Memory Medal” (23 April, Geneva)
- IFIA visit on Sanghay Expo and conference “Education, Science and Innovation” in Minhag High School (28 April – 2 May)
- Collective participation on IBTIKAR and ExCo meeting in Jeddah (25 May)
- Collective participation on ARCA 2010
- Collective participation on IWIS and ExCo meeting (21 October)
- 1000.inventions.com affair
- Low IFIA activities in west Europe and America
- Decrease of paid member fee from 2008
- IFIA finance 2008 and 2009:
Balance in 2008
USD 31 102 – EURO 16 621 – HUF 6 343 834
Balance in 2009:
USD 17 342 – EURO 14 478 – HUF 315 081
The balance sheets were approved by ExCo. This report was unanimously approved.
3. Election of President for years 2010 – 2014
The Chairman reported that there is one application for president: András Vedres. He asked additional applications. Because there were no further one, he asked Mr Vedres to present his application. After the voting the Chairman proclaimed that the unanimously elected IFIA President is András Vedres (2010 – 2014).
4. IFIA Action Plan 2010 – 2014
- To represent the inventors interest
- Invention marketing
- Organizations of IFIA Shows, competitions
- Officinal IFIA Intern. Exhibitions Project
- Increasing the judgment level
- Info activities, conferences
- Reorganization of membership
- Modification of Statutes
The Chairman asked other proposals, which were the next ones:
- Hebatalrahman Ahmed Egypt – Organization international invention show in Cairo (2011)
- Husein Hujic – To start the revision of IFIA membership and statutes for the best work
- Dr Fuad A. Al-Awwad, Saudi Arabia – Organization of innovation trainings for inventors on IFIA events
- Yasser Saada, Syria – Neext Al-Bassel Fair in Syria be IFIA event
- Lennart Nilson, Sweden – Celebration of SUF’s 125th years together 4th International Inventors’ Day in Stockholm (October 2011)
- János Szöllösy, Hungary – 8th GENIUS Budapest and European Innovation Days under the Hungarian EU presidency (June 2011)
- Hung，Keng-Shiang, Taiwan, Province of China- Organization of 2nd World Cup of Computer Implemented Inventions, First International Cultural Innovation Festival and “Modern Innovation” ) International Conference in Koushiung (August 2011)
- Alireza Rastegar, Iran – Organization of IFIA Asia Inventor Network
- Dr drissa Hassane Souley, Niger – Activity of IFIA Africa Inventor Network
- Joel Shaka Momodu, Nigeria – To find a good solution for the work of English speaking African organizations
- Fuad A. Al-Awwad, Saudi Arabia – Organization of IBTIKAR 2012 as IFIA event again
- Xiang Ming – China – Organization of Student Creativity Olympic Games in Sanghay (2012)
The GA acknowledged these proposals and remarks.
The President outlined the text of the IFIA Declaration about EU Patent. The GA unanimously adopted IFIA Declaration.
5. Election of ExCo members for years 2010 – 2012
Mr. Choi Jong-hyug Korea Rep.
Mr. Alireza Rastegar, Iran
Mr. Dr. Augustine S. H. Ong, Malaysia
Mr. Yang, Yifeng, China
Ms. Ana Hafner, Slovenia
Mr. Khaled Naswan dr. Yemen
Mr. Dr. Idrissa Hassane Souley, Niger,
Mr. Joel Shaka Momodu, Nigeria
Mr. Lennart Nilson, Sweden
Mr. Dr. Fuad A. Al-Awwad, Saudi Arabia
Mr. Dr. Octavian Plesa, Romania
Mr. Pavel Dlohy, Czech Rep.
Mr. Dr. Virgilio Malang, Philipines
Mr. Vladimir Petriasov, Russia
Mr. Janos Szöllösy, Hungary
These persons were unanimously elected.
6. Membership fee for 2010 – 2014
The President proposed to pay the member fee based on the original system of invoice. The GA acknowledged this proposal.
The Chairmen proposed the Executive Committee to determine the date and venue of the next General Assembly in 2012. The GA acknowledged this proposal.