EG | ASRT
The Academy of Scientific Research & Technology (ASRT)
Prof. Mahmoud Sakr.
President of the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology
The Academy of Scientific Research & Technology (ASRT) is a non‐profit organization affiliated to the Ministry of Scientific Research, established in September 1971 by the Presidential Decree No 2405 as the national authority responsible for science & technology in Egypt. In 1998, ASRT was reorganized by the Presidential Decree No 377 that defined its mission, function and activities.
ASRT is the Egyptian house of expertise. It brings together outstanding Egyptian scientists and experts from universities, research institutions, private sector, NGOs, policymakers and prominent Egyptian scientists in Diaspora to deliberate country problems, propose and carry out scientific studies and future strategic basic plans to tackle these problems.
ASRT adopts a comprehensive plan for developing Egyptian S&T to support relevant national ministries and research institutions in creating an integrated system of scientific research together for increasing the number of trained scientists in Egypt, and giving science a leading role in the country’s development and knowledge based economy. ASRT also promotes and encourages female and youth participation in S&T and scientific leadership.
Effective National Academy, cooperates with other entities of STI, to improve scientific and economic status of Egypt
Nurturing enabling environment for STI and supporting the complete cycle of innovation
- Deliberate country problems; putting scientific solutions, and to set strategic studies, foresights and technological roadmaps through its 20 Specialized Scientific Councils, 300 ASRT Fellows, 20 National committees, 200 members).
- Appreciate excellence in STI (State Prizes, STI indicators, STI evaluation, monitoring and benchmarking).
- Provide national central core facilities (Scientific Publishing, Internationalization of Local Journals, Digital Library, ENSTINET, GLORIAD, cloud, grid and Super Computing, E-Science, EKB……etc).
- Support national industry, technology transfer and deepen the local manufacturing (Egyptian Patent Office, IPR Help Desk, Quick Prototyping Fund, National Network of Technology and Innovation Commercialization Offices (TICOs), Regional Technological Incubators (Intilac), knowledge and technological alliances (KTA).
- Propose, fund and manage National Multidisciplinary and Multi institutional Applied Projects, Initiatives and Campaigns, to tackle National stressing problems & demands
- Establish, support and manage National and International Scientific Research Networks (Basic and Converging Sciences) , joint R&D labs and centers (China-Egypt Joint Lab of Renewable Energy, MATS,..etc)
- Empowering young and women in STI (Children University, Scientists for next generation, Egyptian Young Academy of Sciences, National Committee of women, My project my future …etc)
- Science & Society (Simplification of Science and Scientific Culture, Innovative Education of Science, Science Explainers, Scientific Books, Science Magazine, TV Programs & Series, Translations of scientific books, Exhibitions, Cairo Innovates, 1001 invention, Conf. , Workshops, Forums and Scientific Festivals).
- Propose, fund and carry out Social Studies and humanities and Surveys
|Address||101KASR AL-AINI ST, ACADEMY OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY,|
POSTAL CODE 11516
|Telephone||(+202)27921285 – 27921286|