PH | ISP
Aquilino Tubigan Jr
Inventors School of the Philippines (ISP) is a legacy project of Filipino inventor Engr. Aquilino A. Tubigan Jr. in his desire to contribute in nurturing the bright ideas and creative minds of Filipinos even at an early age. Having taken the difficult route of turning his invention into his own enterprise, he believes that he can make life a little easier for Filipino inventors through the ISP. He is confident that the innovativeness of potential Filipino inventors can further be harnessed in ISP, where their entrepreneurial knowledge can also be developed and strengthened to ensure that their invention would redound to their benefit as well, the Filipino consumers, and the Philippines in general.
Engr. Tubigan believes that if more Filipino inventors can replicate or surpass what he has achieved as an inventor, they shall be able to collectively create more job opportunities and contribute in making a difference in the lives of more Filipino families en route a concrete contribution to the Philippine economy.
Aim and vision:
ISP seeks to become a learning institution that shall consistently make its contribution to the Philippine economy as an employment driver as graduates become local product creators adhering to the mantra ‘my invention is my business.’ Eventually, from contributing to the local economy, it is possible that Filipino inventors from ISP can also break barriers in the international market and contribute in the global economy as well.
ISP is being envisioned to become a premiere center for innovation and entrepreneurship of Filipino ingenuity and excellence in product creation leading to local job generate and more sustainable Filipino families.
The activities of ISP include the following:
1. Train children from as young as four years old to think creatively and nurture their innovativeness through weekend or summer class sessions featuring robotics, computers, applications, and anything that has something to do with science and technology.
2. Conduct regular socio-civic activities for out-of-school youth and street children of the City of Manila to teach them the value of product creation instead and set aside the notion of dole-out to have a better chance and prospect in their lives
3. Collaborate with the Philippine Department of Science and Technology for the conduct of Learning Series for inventors and students to encourage students (college) to go into product creation possibly leading to their own enterprise.
4. Conduct symposia and seminars on both private and public elementary and high schools in the Philippines imparting to students, teachers, and principals the importance of outside-the-box thinking as an alternative and faster way to progress without insinuating that they should no longer pursue their studies and focus on thinking of creating new products. The importance of striking a balance is always being recognized by ISP in these fora.
5. Assist members of Filipino Inventors Society with regards to entrepreneurship including preparations of business plans and product commercialization strategies.
6. This is still in the pipeline as of this time, but ISP plans to hold a Metro Manila-wide inventions expo for students, inventions advisers, principals, and independent inventors in September this year.
|Address||2117 URC Building, Espana Boulevard, Sampaloc, Manila City, 1008 National Capital Region, Philippines|
|Telephone||+ (632) 247 7227|