Mrs. Elinora Inga Sigurdardottir
Iceland Inventors Association was founded 1986 and has been a member of IFIA periodically and had a representative in exco for few years 1992-1997. The first name of the association was FIH until 1996 and then got the name of LHM until 2008 when it got the name of SFH. The chairman of SFH is Valdimar Össurarson and the vice-chairman is Elinora Inga Sigurdardottir. Member of SFH are 150.
KVENN is the women inventors and innovators network, and was founded 2008 by the chairman Elinora Inga Sigurdardottir. The members are 120. We work closely with GWIIN/ EUWIIN and Elinora is in the exco board.
SFH/KVENN´s goal are to connect inventors and innovators in Iceland and to cooperate with similar associations globally :
- To make inventors and innovators visible and noticeable to society.
- To give inventors and innovators contacts in other countries.
- To encourage inventive people to develop their creativity and realize their ideas.
- Both social and technical ones for the benefit of society.
- SFH works to promote entrepreneurship and ingenuity in Iceland.
- SFH is a network of those who work on the development and utilization of new ideas and methods.
- SFH is a forum for people interested in innovation.
- SFH works to increase the rights of general entrepreneurs and their equality in the support system.
- SFH strives to create channels for the dissemination of useful ideas.
- SFH promotes increased education and encouragement for the use of ingenuity in all areas.
- SFH contributes to the preservation of the nation’s cultural heritage in the field of ingenuity and entrepreneurship.