Chairman of the Board of Directors
Mr. Talal Jassim Al-Kharafi
Since the launch of the modern Kuwaiti renaissance in the mid-twentieth century, the State has placed the Kuwaiti citizen at the forefront of itspriorities; as it was convinced that the human investment is the main engine for sustainable development. The youth and the young and emerging generations are considered the driving and flowing force towards the effectiveness of the plans and programs prepared by the State; in order to qualify and prepare theyouth to play theirdesired roles in their coming years.
At the forefront of these national organizations comes the Kuwait Science Club, which combines between a lot of scientific, qualification and training roles that assist and support the State’s objectives in reinforcingthe Kuwaiti youth with knowledge, science, and summer activities drawn and established through their career spanning forover forty years. Its results and off-springs were always youth assuming leading and pioneering positions, supported by extensive preparation and qualificationwithin the Club’s workshops and departments.
The Kuwait Science Club was established on the 11th of August 1974, and it is one of the highly-distinguished public benefit societies in the State of Kuwait; and the Club is managed by an independent board of directors consisting of nine people.
The Kuwait Science Club aims to develop the talents and skills of the youth and the future generations, and todrive them to love knowledge, innovation and learning;and it is also keen on the optimal use of the leisure time experienced by the youth, and turn their energies into a fruitful and distinguished work that will benefit them and their homeland, Kuwait.
The Club sought to achieve these objectives since its inception through the following:
- Contribute to the dissemination of scientific culture among all the segments of society.
- Work on raising the scientific level and the scientific competence of the Club’s affiliates in various specializations.
- Prepare and nurture the appropriate scientific environment.
- Document and promote the religious, ethical, educational and national values among its members.
- Contribute to the discovery of the affiliates’ tendencies and provide them with the proper guidance.
- Strengthen the relationship between the Scientific Club and the other local, Arab, and global scientific clubs and institutions.
- Develop the scientific direction between the members.
- Fill the affiliates’ leisure times with useful stuff.
The Kuwait Scientific Club plays a prominent role in training the youth to practice hobbies and willingly cherish them out of conviction. The Scientific Club provides the affiliates with the following activities:
- Organize camps, forums, symposiums, lectures, competitions, exhibitions and scientific trips.
- Train the youth to live with the means, machinery and tools in the workshops andfor the scientific business, skills and arts in the existing sections and branches in the Club.
- Prepare and implement the various scientific activities that help in training on the scientific research and the scientific experiments, research and projects through teamwork or individual activities.
- Collaborate and communicate with the various scientific institutions that assist in the development of the scientific talents and skills.
|Address||Kuwait Science Club, Kuwait|
|Telephone||+965 – 22247550|
|Fax||+965 – 22247551|