IFIA & WIPO International Symposium 2002
IFIA WIPO international Symposium 2002 on the Commercialization of Inventions – Dec 2002
An international Symposium on “the commercialization of inventions in the global market” was held from December 4 to 7, 2002 in Seoul. It was jointly organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and International Federation of Inventors’ Associations (IFIA) with the cooperation of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) and the Korean Invention Promotion Association (KIPA).
It was officially opened by KIPO commissioner, Mr. Kwang-Lim Kim, WIPO Director in the division for Infrastructure Services and innovation Promotion, Mr. Vladimir Yossifov, and Mr. Farag Mousa, IFIA President.
Seven topics were examined during the event, namely:
- Entrepreneurship and the Commercialization of Inventions and Research Results
- The Cost of Protecting Intellectual Property in the Process of Commercialization
- Online Market Places for Inventions
- Technology Transfer Through Online Services and Databases
- Inventive Activities in the Framework of Universities and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Partnering with Venture Capitalists to Achieve Growth and Development
- Partnering with Venture Capitalists and Financing the Development and Commercialization of Inventions