IQ | IICC
Iraqi Innovation and Creativity Center
مركز الابتكار والابداع العراقي
Proceeding from the legacy of the Intellectual Property and Patent Law No. 30 of 1931 and the consequent accession of Iraq to the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property and its amendments by the Iraqi State Legislation No. 212 on December 29 of the year 1975, and In accordance with what Iraq possesses of minds, scientific qualifications and a large number of innovations classified by the Ministry of Planning / Central Agency for Standardization and Quality Control, a group of scientists, inventors and experts set out to constitute the Iraqi Center of Innovation and Creation on 01/26/2016 from a group of Iraqi inventors and under the auspices of the Iraqi Ministry of Planning and the Central Agency for Standardization and Quality Control.
Dr. Ziadoon Khalaf Al-Saadi
● The Center became a member of the Higher Committee for the Evaluation of Creativity in Iraq in accordance with Cabinet Resolution 379 of 2016.
● Considering the constituting date of the Center Iraqi Inventor’s Day.
● The Center is an important and active member of international scientific organizations, including:
International Federation of Inventors’ Associations IFIA
Arabic Union for Sustainable Development and Environment
Arabic Council for Creativity and Innovation
Arabic union for Arabic Innovators and Inventors
● The Center sponsored and held many local events, exhibitions, conferences, and international participation.
● The Center general assembly consists of more than 3650 Iraqi inventors, scientists, researchers, academics, and businessmen from the public and private sectors in all fields and scientific disciplines.
- Building a database of Iraqi inventors and innovators that contains information on patents and industrial models registered inside and outside Iraq.
- Setting up a reference for the owners of patents and industrial models in Iraq, similar to the countries around the world.
- Holding scientific exhibitions, conferences, and scientific seminars for introducing patents and industrial models by inviting the relevant state and private sector institutions with the aim of adopting and investing in them.
- Coordinating with the relevant state ministries and with the private sector in order to promote the investment of patents and industrial models, as well as establishing scientific, technical, and social ties and relations among the Center’s members.
- Representing Iraqi inventors in national and international events, and facilitating their participation in global scientific exhibitions.
- Create a database system to involve all Iraqi and foreign patents registered in Iraq.
- Identify Iraqi inventors in the world.
- Support Iraqi inventors to invest in the patents and industrials models.
- Hold workshops for all young researchers to exchange innovative knowledge.
- Assist the Iraqi inventors to attend in the national and the international exhibitions and conferences.
- Submit the annual activity report of Iraqi inventors.
- enable Iraqi inventors to network, interact and share ideas with fellow inventors, researchers and designers.
- Participate in IFIA activities.
• Number of patents registered inside Iraq: more than 6690 (until 30 June 2021).
• Number of general committee members of Iraqi center of innovation and creation: more than 3650 Iraqi scientists (researcher, professor, and industrial expert).
• 25% of the administration committee have a degree of professor in Iraqi universities.
• 16% of general committee members from different ministries have a postgraduate academic degree.
• 14% have a title of expert in different ministries.
• 45% employees and private sector.
• Percentages of patents owners: 30% women, 15% youth, and 55% adults.
• Number of conventions held by the center: 15 national conventions and exhibitions in Baghdad and in different governorates of Iraq.
• Number of international conventions and exhibitions the center participated in: 14 in different countries around the world (until July 2021).