International Invention Fair of the Middle East – IIFME / 12 to 15 Feb 2023
International Invention Fair in the Middle East
معرض الاختراعات الدولي في الشرق الأوسط
▪ With the collaboration of the International Exhibition of Geneva it is also an opportunity to reveal the culture of invention and innovation to the population at large and strengthens the existing relationships among the inventors, companies, corporations and investors worldwide.
▪ The achievements of the previous Invention Fairs are proof of the significance and importance of the desired message to be delivered via the exhibition. The attendance was estimated at more than 15,000, clearly showing the public interest.
▪ Having organized 12 fairs successfully is a reflection of the achievements of the Kuwait Science Club and the sponsoring authorities for the exhibition. It is a great time to promote inventions and innovations, foster interest, appreciate the ideas and make an investment in the ideas, inventions and people.
The IIFME, which is organized by the Kuwait Science Club, represents a significant aspect of the achievements implemented by private sector sponsors and the governmental sponsoring authorities. It is a solid platform to invest in people, promote inventions, increase local and international interest, appreciate inventions and turn them into projects.
1. Attracting the highest quality of inventions from all over the world to participate and socialize in this exhibition.
2. Providing the appropriate atmosphere to the inventors to show their ideas and products.
3. Strengthening and nourishing existing cooperation among the investors and inventors.
4. Establishing an invention culture in the Arab countries; empowering and motivating the Arab scientific community.
Who can participate in the Exhibition?
Mr. Talal J. Alkharafi
Chairman of the Organizing Committee
1. Individual inventors.
2. Governmental entities.
3. Scientific institutions.
4. Private sector.
5. Local and the international patents office.
However, all projects/inventions proposed must be covered by an IP application or a patent.
Who can attend the Exhibition?
2. Public and private schools.
3. Educational institutions and universities.
4. Private sector companies who serve as investors and manufacturers.
5. Business men and investors.
6. Authorities who may offer opportunities for inventions and ideas.
What are the requirements for participating in IIFME?
1. The invention must have a patent or covered by an IP application issued by an authorized authority.
2. The invention did not take part in any previous IIFME event.
3. Pay registration fee.
4. Exceptions can be made if the invention does not have an IP coverage on a case by case basis and on condition that it is accepted that once presented the IP falls into the public domain.
What does the registration package include?
1. Visa issuance.
2. A brief description of the invention in two languages (Arabic and English) that will be placed in the fair booklet to be distributed free of charge to participants and attendees.
3. Booth reservation fees with electricity points (2 x 2) m2.
4. Table and chair to display the invention.
5. Hotel accommodations for the fair duration with breakfast in 4* – 5* hotel for 5 Nights.
6. Airport reception and transportation to the hotel.
What are the exhibition requirements?
The inventor will be provided with standard booth space size (2 x 2) m2, along with table, chair and electricity points. Inventors are free to utilize booth space as they wish. A prototype must be brought into the exhibition for people to see. It is necessary for the judging committee to see a prototype. In addition, it is highly recommended that inventors bring in videos or posters of the invention. Inventors are not obligated to bring in videos or posters about the invention.
What are the invention categories/classes?
A – Mechanics – Engines – Machinery – Tools – Industrial Process – Metallurgy
B – Clocks and Watches – Jewellers – Machinery – Tools
C – Computer Sciences – Software – Electronics – Electricity – Method of Communications
D – Building – Architecture and Civil Engineering – Construction – Materials – Woodwork
E – Sanitation – Ventilation – Heating
F – Security – Rescue – Alarm
G – Ironware – D.I.Y.
H – Furnishing – Interior Architecture
I – Domestic Science – Restaurant Equipment
J – Commercial, Industrial and Office Equipment
K – Agriculture – Horticulture – Gardening
L – Clothing – Textiles – Machines and Accessories
M – Medicine – Surgery – Orthopaedist – Material for the Handicapped
N – Optics – Photography – Cinematography
O – Teaching Methods and Materials – Musical Instrument – Art Materials
P – Transport – Motor Vehicles – Ships – Aviation Accessories
Q – Foodstuff – Drinks – Cosmetics – Paramedical – Health Hygiene
R – Sport – Leisure
S – Practical Novelties – Presents
T – Publicity – Printing – Packaging
U – Games – Toys
V – Protection of the Environment – Energy