Latvian Inventors’ Association (LIA) is founded in 2007. Our mission is to create an environment to support inventors and encourage inventiveness in the society. Main directions of the activities are commercialization and protection of the inventions and the industrial intellectual property
Latvia is a rich country with talented and creative people. Though we are lagging behind in innovation capacity that brings new products to the market. Therefore LIA will focus on changing this situation and bringing into the market commercially viable inventions of our members. Income from the first projects will create a basis to commercialize others.
- To share experience and provide support to the activities of members in the field of inventions, starting with the development of inventions, evaluation of the scope of patenting and execution of patent applications to the marketing, realization of inventions and protection of the interests of inventors;
- To develop and submit proposals to the competent state institutions for the improvement of regulatory enactments for the promotion of the work of individual inventors and for the financial and legal support of the implementation of inventions;
- To give an expert assessment to the competent state institutions regarding the foreseeable commercial value of the specific inventions and the amount of support to be provided;
- To give an expert assessment to potential users of inventions and investors in production regarding the expected commercial value of specific inventions;
- To establish contacts and co-operate with related organizations in Latvia and abroad for the realization of the goals of the Association and improvement of its activities;
- To promote and popularize the activities of individual inventors in Latvia;
- To promote the education of potential inventors in patent science;
- To participate in exhibitions and other events dedicated to the work of inventors.
Among LIA’s prioritized projects they have selected production of hydrofoil sailing trimarans and development of wave energy converters. Both projects are based on many years of research and inventions that are patented.
To accelerate the realization of the two chosen projects they are looking for interested partners and investors. Please contact them and they will give you more information on specific project and get in touch with you shortly.
Innovation support fund was established in 2012. There are two ways to be involved in the Fund: firstly, as a customer to order products of the above mentioned projects, and secondly, as an investor to become a co-owner of the production company.