National Association for Science and Research
الهيئة الوطنية للعلوم والبحوث
A Lebanese non-governmental not-for-profit organization that aims to promote innovation and technological innovation among young people. Since 2004, the National Authority has been organizing the annual science fair (Science Match), in which hundreds of creative and innovative Lebanese youth present their scientific projects and innovations to the public, referees, visitors and the media. The authority also organizes regular activities with partners and specialists where they meet and discuss various topics related to innovation and entrepreneurship in Lebanon. The authority has designated a portion of its headquarters as a business incubator, to support creative people in propagating their innovations. It also sponsors the participation of Lebanese youth in international scientific and innovative programs. The authority has completed the registration of more than 25 patents for these young inventors.
In 2016, the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations (IFIA) selected the National Science and Research Authority as its focal point for the Middle East (IFIA FPME)
Dr. Radwan Chouaib
The National Authority for Science and Research aspires to be the national leader in fostering scientific and technological innovation, and the strong expression of the intelligence of the Lebanese human being in international scientific forums.
The National Authority for Science and Research is working to bring together Lebanese youth from the school generation under the banner of a unified science, to spread the culture of science in the Lebanese society, to discover and care for creative people and support them to market their ideas and inventions in Lebanon and the world.
- Organizing and sponsoring scientific activities and competitions for school and university students.
- Representing Lebanon in international scientific exhibitions.
- Establishing partnership agreements with international institutions concerned with innovation and creativity.
- Organizing training courses for university students.
- Helping inventors to obtain patents and trade their innovations.
- Establishing a communication link between Lebanese inventors and inventors around the world.