Mr. Alireza Irani
Owners of the innovation:
Lighting for Public Routes and Roads
Acknowledgment: Congratulations on being one of the pioneer innovators who have obtained the IFIA Innovation Standard certificate (IIS).
Following your inquiry for an IIS certification, the jury board evaluated your application according to the criteria. And after the assessment and examinations, your innovation was granted with IFIA Innovation Standard Grade B.
IFIA hopes that by having this certification, you will take an essential step in the commercialization of your innovation. Also, by entering international markets, you can contribute to the realization of the global slogan: Generating wealth through innovative knowledge.
The Summary of Innovation:
This invention is a kind of lighting that is installed on mid-voltage power lines to supply lighting for public routes and roads. Moreover, the invention is small in dimensions, has low weight, and is in the form of a clamp. These attributes make the creation easier to install and remove by the project executer and useable on high voltage power lines.
Most intercity and mountain roads require electric light poles installed on the shoulder of the pathways. In order to transmit electricity to more than a one-kilometer distance, we need to use high voltage power lines. But, up until now, no light has been able to directly use this power to provide light for roads and pathways because they must utilize lower voltage power.
However, this light doesn’t need low voltage power lines or a transformer to reduce the voltage from 20kV to 380V. This light consists of two main parts; a power supply and a series of lamps. The dimensions and weight of this lamp have been designed to be installed in a clamp shape around only one of the wires transmitting 20kV of electrical voltage to provide light for roads and pathways.
The main reason that this invention is using only one power line to supply its power is for safety. It is not possible to use two or three lines of power and maintain the same level of safety.
Additionally, one of the main ways to make electricity is to burn fossil fuels. Consecutively, the level of greenhouse gases will increase, and we will face Global Warming. Accordingly, by using this method, low voltage cabling, using transformers, and energy losses are eliminated.
1. All costs relating to low voltage network construction for providing light, such as lowering transformers, lighting poles and bases, low voltage cables, and network installations, are reduced at least 75 percent.
2. Moreover, by using this invention, you can reduce energy losses such as cable ohm and transformer loss.
3. Plus, you can utilize this creation in places where deploying low voltage power is impossible, such as mountains or villages.
4. This invention can be easily installed without interrupting the power network, and by removing the low voltage network, we can maintain the beauty of our cities.
5. A heat sink is installed to prevent heat damage to the wire and the lamp because the lamp’s temperature is about 30 to 40 Celsius.
6. Moreover, one of the astonishing aspects of this creation is that the brightness, angle, direction, and focal length are adjustable.
Why is this innovation eligible to receive the IIS certification?
As said before, this lighting uses mid-voltage power to supply lighting for intercity and mountain roads. Plus, no light has been able to directly use this power to provide light for pathways because they must utilize lower voltage power. Moreover, this innovation is eco-friendly because low voltage cabling, transformers, and energy losses are eliminated. In addition, you can use this creation in places where deploying low voltage power is impossible, such as mountains or villages. All and all, this idea can help IIS’s recognition and qualification to apply this innovation to the world and aid more people who would need to use this kind of lighting.