Sustainable Development Solutions Organization
Founded in 2013
Sustainable Development Solutions Organization (SUDESO) is the local NGO in Malawi registered in renewable energies mainly on the promotion of biogas technology. It was registered on 13th August, 2013 with the Registration number of 13239.
SUDESO aims to provide lighting and clean cooking fuel at the doorstep targeting the off-grid energy rural communities in Malawi particularly Mzimba district as our target area , the technology is to improve health, education, agriculture – food security and energy in rural communities where 80% of the population lives .
Mr. Rhollent Kumwenda
To have vibrant and independent communities that are able to analyze themselves, generate and implement solutions at all times for better rural livelihood.
To improve people’s wellbeing through establishing and enforcing sustainable development solutions in their health, social and economic aspects.
- To contribute towards reduction of deforestation through provision of alternative fuel sources;
- To enhance effective participation of rural inhabitants in the development of their communities;
- To facilitate the availability of development professionals in most rural remote areas;
- To facilitate sustainable development coverage in the hard to reach rural areas in Malawi;
- To raise awareness and promote community participation in energy conservation;
- To promote partnerships, collaboration or networking on renewable programmes for the benefit of the people;
- To advocate for the proper implementation of forestry policies and systems at all levels;
- To co-operate with organizations with more or less similar objectives;
- To carry out community services to cover all aspects of need; and
- To solicit donations or investments for furtherance of the objectives.
Renewable Energies: providing off-grid energy to hard-to-reach rural communities through installing domestic biogas digesters, solar domestic system and fuel saving cook stoves for them.
Capacity building: training communities on renewable energies, and management of rural as well as community development through publishing articles on local Nation news papers, distributing brochures, organizing sensitization meetings and rallies.
Environmental projects: motivating communities in forestation, encouraging biogas beneficiary to have orchard and vegetable gardens.
Impact study: spotting the pros and cons within the system and the promotion of educational tours within and outside Malawi.
Project research and evaluation: carrying research within the organization and also outside as consultants. .
Basic education: Coordinating with learning institutions installing biogas facilities for cooking, solar systems for pupils to study and phone charging at a reasonable fee charge, the fee deposited at school account to be used during maintenances, and replacements.
Food security: Promotion of using bio-slurry manure from bio-digester and not chemical fertilizer application.