IFIA Membership Procedure
To start the membership procedure, the applicant is required to submit a membership request letter addressed to IFIA President, Mr. Alireza Rastegar and duly fill out the membership request form (in word format) and send both to Katherine Brown, Head of the Membership Department, via katherine.brown[at]ifia.com or Caroline Simonet , IFIA International Affairs & Public Relations Manager via Caroline.Simonet[at]ifia.com.Following a sample of the membership request letter and the form is provided for your convenience.
Afterwards, your request will be examined in IFIA Executive Committee meeting and you will be informed about the final result. The type of your membership is determined by IFIA Executive Committee members.
Membership in IFIA is categorized in three different classes of Full, Corresponding and Collaborating members. You can find detailed description of each one in the related categories. Only one full member can be admitted from each country. However, there is no limitation upon the admission of members for other categories.
Who can join?
- National Inventor/ Innovator Associations/ institutions/ societies
- Women Inventor/ Innovator Associations / institutions/ societies
- Young Inventor/ Innovator Associations/ institutions/ societies
- Associations of scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs
- Corporations and companies
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Governmental agencies which promote inventive activity
- Innovation centers and research centers
- Science parks
- Universities / Colleges / Schools acting in the area of invention and innovation
- Research and innovation laboratories
- National/international invention exhibitions, fairs, festivals
- And any other entity performing activities in the field of invention and innovation