Malaysian Invention and Design Society
Founded in 1986
Founded in 1986, the Malaysian Invention and design Society (MINDS) is the largest body in Malaysia representing individuals, universities and companies who pursue excellence in invention, creativity, innovation, research and development, and industrial design.
MINDS is responsible for promoting high standards of invention and design, fostering professionalism and encouraging continuing professional development amongst its members.
To encourage Malaysians to be creative and inventive and advise, guide and assist in the utilization of their inventions and designs.
Prof. Augustine S H Ong
- To make Malaysia the centre of excellence for invention and industrial design through MINDS.
- To encourage every Malaysian to be inventive and optimize each and every Malaysian invention for the benefit of the society.
MINDS is a professional body committed through its members to the promotion of best practice in invention, innovation, creativity, research and development and industrial design. The support and involvement of members is encouraged as being vital to the achievement of these aims. Membership to MINDS offers the following benefits:
- To learn inventing with fellow inventors, generating more ideas
- To receive advice and guidance on securing funds to develop innovative ideas
- To understand the Intellectual Property System in which IP rights can be protected
- To enable you to showcase your invention at International Inventors exhibitions
- To recommend for local and international recognition based on your achievements and support for MINDS
- To receive guidance to commercialize inventions
- To facilitate networking with relevant parties
- Promoting your invention to the public
- Participation in workshop, training at discounted rate