IYIA:Jakarta, Indonesia 31 Sep 01 Oct
The 7th International Young Inventors Awards (IYIA) 2020
In order to appreciate and promote young innovators around the world, who have dedicated themselves in making innovations, creations, and creativity, Indonesia will hold “International Young Inventors Award (IYIA)”. IYIA will be focused on exhibiting creative innovations from young innovators in the world. All participants can present their inventions in the form of sample, prototype, mock-up, and many others.
IYIA 2020 is going to be organized by Indonesian Invention and Innovation Promotion Association (INNOPA) under IFIA’s patronage from 31 to 01 October in order to appreciate and promote young innovators around the world.
Last year, the 5th IYIA was held in Bali with more than 250 inventions presented, and this year, we predict that there will be more than 400 inventions with 100.000 people attending The 6th IYIA, including young inventors coming from various participating countries, territories, and organizations.
On this occasion, the IYIA 2019 would give an opportunity to promising young innovators or scientists to share creative ideas among one another and also provide an excellent exposure of invention and technological advancements in various sectors. The IYIA 2019 will also provide an excellent opportunity to tighten our relationship and will give participants chances to explore a peaceful and friendly country in Wonderful Indonesia.
Date：2020/10/1 – 2020/09/31
Rules and Regulation of IYIA and WINTEX 2019
International Young Inventors Award (IYIA) and World Invention and Technology Expo (WINTEX) are the events dedicated to inventors from 6 to 40 years old around the world. All innovative products which are beneficial, applicable, up to date, and can improve the human’s quality of life will be presented here. So, this competition will not allow the participants to bring such works like poet, song, painting and other works of arts, basic scientific research, basic research, or observational reports about natural areas.
IYIA and WINTEX are appropriate events for all innovators who have won any International innovation competition. And these events are also appropriate for those innovators who have not participated in any innovation competition.Here are the good way to start competing with other young innovators from all aroundcountries.
The competition will be divided into two stages, which are preliminary and final stage. In the preliminary stage selection, each team is expected to describe their invention well and convince the judges through a brief description in the online registration form. While in final stage, the participants will exhibit and present their innovation directly in front of the judges and visitors during the competition.
1. Preliminary stage In this stage, each participant must explain their innovation briefly and clearly through the online registration form. The registration can be done at www.innopa.or.id and after that, the participants need to wait for the invitation letter (LoA) that will be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org . The application deadline is July 31st, 2019.
2. Final stage Participants who have passed preliminary stage selection will get an invitation from the organizer to go to final in Jakarta and can prepare the materials to be presented in front of the judges. The judge will come to every participants booth and judging process will be done in 5-10 minutes for everyjudge including the QnA section.There will be 2 judgesfor each team.
1. Category of participants: IYIA: Elementary and high school students WINTEX: University, start-up, enterprises, or company
2. Pariticipant can do registration individually or in team, with maximum members in a team are 5 persons and 1 advisor/teacher.
Rewards: All groups are evaluated for Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals and Certificates respectively.
Form of inventions:
□ Ready-made products
□ Commercial products
□ Prototype □ Models
□ Others (please state………….)
Category of invention:
□ Agriculture, livestock, horticulture, aquaculture, and fisheries
□ Aviation and transport
□ Biotechnology and biofuels
□ Culinary and Food
□ Educational items (Teaching Methods and Material, Musical Instruments, Art Materials)
□ Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure
□ Fashion and Beauty
□Hardware and Tools (Office Product & Furniture)
□ Industrial Design
□ Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
□ Machinery, Equipment, and Manufacturing Process
□ Personal Care Products
□ Pharmacy, Health, Medicine, and Humanistic Therapy
□ Power and Electricity
□ Protection of Environment, Energy, Water, Sanitation and Green Technology
□ Social Science Products
□ Sports, Leisure, and Recreational Equipment, Active Wears
□ Technology, IoT and Apps
□ Textile and Chemical Industry
IYIA Judging Criteria: The main aim of IYIA is to appreciate students with their innovative projects. So, focus of the IYIA will be in originality or novelty of an idea, innovation and creativity value, performance and practicability of products, also the way of presentation.
a. Originality or Novelty of Idea: Is the idea original and new? Is it “the first”? (25%)
b. Innovation and Creativity Value: Is it innovative enough? Is it useful? (25%)
c. Performance and Practicability of Products: Is it easy to use? Easy maintenance? Environmentally friendly and safety enough? (25%)
d. Presentation: Is the inventor able to present his/her invention completely and clearly? (25%)
WINTEX Judging Criteria: WINTEX will have focus in the advanced stage of an innovation, after it is being created. So, beside the originality and innovation aspects that still become the main point, it will be further focused on the commercialization and marketability, patent or license granted, and design packaging or aesthetic value.
a. Originality and Innovative Value: Is it “the first”? Is it important enough to be said as “innovation”? (30%)
b. Commercialization and Marketability: Estimation of the new product’s future expanding sales potential, including regions, quantity, amount, etc.(30%)
c. Aesthetic: shape, color and color matching performance, product series performance, corporate identity, system performance, materials usage, user-friendly interface and operation. (20%)
d. Patent or license granted: Has the invention grant a patent or patent application number? (20%)
1. The organizer hasthe rightto reject submissionsthat are incompleteor do not meet the requirements.
2. All participants should respect the jury’sdecisions.
3. If there are any modifications to the regulations, the organizer will announce the changes on the website.Entrants willnot be contacted individually regarding any changes.
4. Plagiarism or other unlawful acts will result in disqualification from awardsand medals.
5. Please limit all exhibitions and displays to under 80 db noise during the final round and do not utilize any dangerous goods. If necessary, participants must prepare their own pollution capture/treatment equipment to avoid pollutant release during demonstration of exhibits. Violators will face disqualification fromcompetition.
6. If you wish to prohibit visitors from taking pictures or video of the final entries, please display your own English-Bahasa (Indonesian language) bulletin boards with “Do not take pictures” or “Do not video”. However, in order to generate publicity, it is hoped that you will allowreporters and other media access to you exhibit.
7. The winners will be awarded certificates at the award ceremony. If there are any errors, please report them to the organizer. Corrections will be made immediately and a replacement certificate will be given. After the end of this competition, October , 2020 any corrections to certificates willnot be made.
8. During the final (between the layout and removal), please be responsible for your own exhibits.Theorganizershall not be liable forlost or damaged exhibit.
With kind regards,
Erricha Insan Pratisi
President of INNOPA