Call for IFIA ExCo Candidacy 2020-2022
The IFIA Secretariat invites IFIA members to nominate IFIA ExCo 2020-2022
According to the IFIA statute, IFIA members can send their applications for the IFIA Executive Committee candidates covering the period 2020-2022 to the IFIA Secretariat in an official letter signed by the President of the Association.
The deadline for furnishing the documents was decided to be 30 April 2020 and the applications will be examined during the next IFIA Executive Committee meeting.
Those the IFIA Executive Committee in the period of 2018-2020 who have not attended over two of the last IFIA executive committee meetings are not eligible to apply for the next Executive Committee candidacy.
IFIA Executive Committee Members
IFIA Executive Committee members that consist of up to one-third of IFIA full members are elected by General Assembly for two years. They ensure that the decisions of the General Assembly are carried out within the means of IFIA, are responsible for the operation of any further committees and working parties of IFIA, and examine applications for membership to the various membership grades.
The Executive Committee members meet twice a year and work voluntarily.
Also, the Executive Committee shall meet in extraordinary session upon convocation of the President, either on his own initiative or at the request of over a half of the Committee’s members.
According to the statutory laws, the elected members shall work voluntarily.
IFIA Executive Committee on IFIA’s statutes:
1. In addition to the President, the Executive Committee shall consist of up to one-third of the full members of IFIA. The members of the Executive Committee will be elected by the General Assembly for two years (until the next ordinary session of the General Assembly). These shall represent equitably the different regions of the world, and not be more than one from each country.
2. The Executive Committee may, on the initiative of the President, reach decisions by correspondence.
3. The Executive Committee shall make its decisions by a simple majority of the votes cast. A quorum of one-third is, however, necessary.
4. The Executive Committee will ensure that the decisions of the General Assembly are carried out within the means of IFIA; will be responsible for the operation of any further committees and working bodies of IFIA; will examine applications for membership to the various membership grades.
5. The General Assembly may delegate such further powers to the Executive Committee as it thinks fit, with the exception that the right to make decisions in items concerned in (a), (b), (c) and (d — in so far as it relates to the expulsion of members) in Article 8 subparagraph 1 may not be delegated. The Executive Committee shall in the exercise of powers so delegated thereto conform to any regulations that may from time to time be imposed upon it by the General Assembly. The Executive Committee shall propose to the General Assembly ratification of the appointment of the Chairman of all such Committees.
6. The Executive Committee members work on a volunteer basis with no remuneration.
Moreover, IFIA Executive Committee nominates shall meet the following criteria:
- Willingness and ability to afford the time and resources required for IFIA work
- Possess the knowledge and capacity to contribute to IFIA’s mission and strategy
- Possess enough experience and knowledge about IFIA activities
- Participate strongly in IFIA activities and meetings
- His/Her association must be a member of IFIA
Please note that IFIA members must send their candidate’s requests via email till 30 April 2020 only to the IFIA Secretariat to the following email:
Due to the request of IFIA members and the reason for the spread of Coronavirus, the deadline for submitting candidates for the IFIA Executive Committee Members 2020-2022 has been extended until the end of May 2020.