MOU Signed on IP Services in Foshan, China
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed in the field of intellectual property between the Institute of Iraqi Society of Inventors & Innovators and the Nofan Institute from Iran in order to empower and create networking opportunities for the members of International Federation of Inventors’ Associations (IFIA). The MOU was concluded on September 15th alongside the 10th International Exhibition of Inventions and 3rd World Invention and Innovation Forum (IEI & WIIF) held from September 13th to 15th by Foshan City government in Foshan, China.
According to this MOU, two institutes are expected to provide the following services to applicants of that country:
- Consultation on the National and International Strategy for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Compilation of patent documents (according to international standards)
- Patent application in patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- Organizing relevant courses and workshops
- Providing intellectual property legal claims
As such, for the first joint venture, the representative from Nofan Institute is going to host a Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) workshop in Iraq for the Iraqi inventors in order to pave the way for international support of patents by the PCT institute.
The inventors will obtain priority advantages for filing a claim for 30 months in 152 countries through filing a patent application at the PCT.