IFIA Best Invention Medal Winners in IEI & WIIF 2018
IFIA’s Best Invention Medal was awarded to a group of Thai inventors for Moisture Monitoring System in Transmission System Equipment during the award ceremony of the 10th International Exhibition of Inventions organized from September 13th to 15th 2018 in Foshan, China.
Generally, in the areas of high moisture, flashovers will be occurred when insulators are dirty, covered by dust. So, the dust is becoming a conductor which electron can jump via the dust. Flashover’s effect cause the electric system unstable and decrease lifetime of circuit breakers because Re-Closer relay function will repeat until the dust and moisture were cleaned.
The Moisture Monitoring System in transmission equipment applies Narrow Band IoT (NB-IoT) as Terminal Unit collecting data from high voltage post & storing real-time data, historical data on cloud server, real-time monitoring via website and automatically send the alarm via communication applications (e.g. Line Application, WhatsApp, WeChat etc.) and E-mail.
- Real-Time monitoring dusts and moisture in the area of about 78 square kilometers
- Fault alarm via Communication Application, E-mail, etc.
- Collecting data and historical data on Cloud Server
- Preventing fault before occurred by Predicting from analytic historical Data
- Supporting for AI deep learning and Big Data