IFIA & WIPO International Symposium 1996
IFIA WIPO International Symposium 1996 on Commercialization of Patent – Aug 1996
The fourth Symposium on” Commercialization of Patented Inventions” was held in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, between August 18 and 22 in 1996. It was jointly organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the International Federation of Inventors Association (IFIA), in cooperation with the Malaysian Invention and Design Society (MINDS) and with the assistance of the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumers Affairs.
There were more than 100 participants including government officials working in the institutions and departments, officials of national associations of inventors and intergovernmental organization officers such as National Program Officer of United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
The following topics were presented by keynote speakers:
- Commercialization of patented inventions
- Publicity for commercialization of patented inventions
- National experience in commercialization of inventions
- The role of invention promotion companies and organizations in the commercialization of patented inventions
- The role of patent agents in the commercialization of patented inventions