Prague, June 2013
IFIA Executive Committee meeting was organized in Prague on 07 June 2013. The following agenda was proposed and approved:
- Opening of the session
- Change of China delegate
- Decision of the date and venue of General Assembly 2014
- Preparation of the General Assembly 2014
- Awarding by Bogsch Memory Medals
- Next ExCo meeting
- Closing of the session
1. Opening of the session
IFIA President, Mr. Vedres, called the Executive Committee members and officially opened the meeting.
China – Mr. Yang, Yifeng (vote by Dr. Zhang Qin)
Czech Rep. – Mr. Pavel Dlohý
Hungary – Mr. Janos Szöllösy
Iran – Mr. Alireza Rastegar
Korea Rep. – Mr. Shin Kyoung-ho (vote by Dr. Rylski)
Russia – Mr. Vladimir Petriasov
Saudi Arabia – Mr. Mohammad Alfawzan
Sweden – Mr. Cenneth Lindkvist
Yemen – Mr. Khaled Naswan dr. (vote by Mr. J. Szöllösy)
The votes is: 9; The quorum is 5, it is OK.
Dr. Adam Rylski Director General
2. Change of China delegate
The President introduced a letter from Mr. Li Dahan, the Secretary General of the China Association of Invention on which there is a proposal of changing the Chinese ExCo member from Mr. Yang Yifeng. to Dr. Zhang Qin. Then the President introduced Dr. Zhang Qin.
Zhang Qin, Ph.D. Professor and inventor
Executive Secretary of China Association for Science & Technology,
Nuclear engineer and computer scientist,
Commissioner of SIPO (2003-2009),
He prepared the national IP strategy (2008)
The membership of ExCO for Dr. Zhang Qin was unanimously approved. The President expressed the thanks to Mr. Yang Yifeng for his work on behalf of the IFIA.
3. Decision of the date and venue of General Assembly 2014
There were two proposals to organize the GA:
At first, Szöllösy introduced the Association of Hungarian Inventors (MAFE) planning to organize GENIUS 2014 International Invention Exhibition during June 10 – 14, 2014 and the 7th International Inventor’s Day coincident with the Hungarian Inventors’ Day on June 13, 2014. He proposed to organize IFIA GA alongside this event on June 14, 2014 in Budapest, Syma Exhibition Center and the following participation costs were presented:
- Presentation fee per one invention (application, 2 sqm booth costs with service): 100 EUR; For the IFIA members will be 20% reduction.
- The costs of the organization of the IFIA GA and the celebration of 7th IID will cover by MAFE.
- Hotel Stadion Budapest (at one’s own expense)
Then Zhang Qin introduced the China Association of Invention (CAI) planning to organize 8th International Invention Exhibition. He proposed to organize IFIA GA alongside this event in November, 2014 (the exact day will be choose later) in Kunshan, International Exhibition Center by offering the following supports:
- 3x3m free booth/IFIA organization;
- Free local transportation
- 5 day free accommodation for IFIA leaders;
- Bonus for the exhibited 10 excellent IFIA inventions
The CAI’s Proposal was unanimously approved.
4. Preparation of the General Assembly 2014
IFIA President proposed the following agenda for GA 2014:
- Modification of the IFIA Statutes. The Statutes is out of date (membership, leadership etc.).
- Election of President
- Election of ExCo
The Agenda Proposal was unanimously accepted.
5. Awarding by Bogsch Memory Medals
Two prominent figures were decided to be awarded in 2013 by Árpád Bogsch Memory Medal:
- Benoît Battistelli, the President of European Patent Office (2010-2015)
A graduate of the Paris Institute of Political Science (IEP) and the National School of Administration. He served as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the European Patent Academy (2005-2008) and was elected Chairman of the Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation in 2009 .
Ceremony: on 2 November, Nuremberg connected to the IENA Awarding (IFIA Delegation: A. Vedres, A. Rykski, J. Szöllösy, Zhang Qin, P. Dlohý, A. Rastegar, J. Momodu)
- Teresa Stanek Rea, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Acting Director of the USPTO
A recognized expert in intellectual property law with more than 25 years of experience. She promotes innovation domestically and drives international harmonization efforts, in support of the administration’s top economic priorities to increase economic growth.
Ceremony: on 13 November, Alexandria (VA), USPTO Building (IFIA Delegation: A. Vedres, A. Rykski, J. Szöllösy, Zhang Qin, P. Dlohý, A. Rastegar, J. Momodu)The proposed ceremonies were unanimously accepted.
6. Next ExCo meeting
It was proposed to organize the EC meeting connected to the SIIF, Seoul (30 November); Closing: connected to the IBTIKAR, Riyadh (5 December)
The proposal was unanimously accepted.
7. Closing of the session
The President closed the ExCo meeting.