QA | QUYSC
Qatar University Young Scientist Center (QUYSC), formerly know as Al-Bairaq Program, is 2015 WISE winner. The center is committed to ensuring the effective transformation of the youth of Qatar into proactive innovators striding towards assisting the nation’s accomplishments in sustainable human capacity development in STEM. We focus on subjects the students with innovative empowerment programs through the informal learning experience, in upraising the intellectual and cognitive development in STEM education, through hands-on research and demonstration of applications in real-life situations. The center offers highly sophisticated laboratory facilities and workshops for the students to engage in idea generation, product creation, development and testing in the presence of high profiled scientists/researchers in Qatar.
QUYSC aims to become a nationally and internationally renowned hub for K-12 and undergrad students that contribute to the growth of their interest in pursuing future high-quality STEM education and research at the university.
QUYSC’s mission is to provide comprehensive, high-quality STEM education and research projects that advance knowledge in the field of scientific research. Additionally, QUYSC collaboratively acts across all levels of the educational spectrum at Qatar University to recognize, attract, nurture and develop talent among K-12 and undergraduate students. The center also encourages the students to come up with new innovations and prototype ideas, and assists them intellectually and
- Provides workshops and training programs for K-12 students for improving their scientific literacy, attitudes, and 21st-century competencies.
- The Center provides age-appropriate programs/ tracks for different age groups, namely ‘Problem solving’ for age group 8-10, ‘I am Discovering Materials’ for 11-15, ‘Science in sport’ for 14-15 and ‘I am a Researcher’ for 16 – 17 aged students respectively. These tracks have been contributing to the innovation capabilities of the students in environmental issues, material science, sports materials and advanced research fields in material applications respectively.
- Students are also provided with training courses in digital domains, especially in mobile application, coding and game development fields.
- The center has been molding the student capabilities to the best interest of global inventors’ demands and workplace requirements.
- The center implements an Integrated School- University ecosystem by creating collaborative opportunities between University undergraduate students and high school students within their training programs.
- Apart from mentoring students in developing innovative products, the center bridges its outreach to all the possible global platforms to attract maximum entrepreneurial and commercial support.
Global Recognitions / Publication
- Center activities were also recognized worldwide with the awards from World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) and Reimagine Education.
- Student innovations from the Center driven programs have received numerous accolades from multiple International Inventors Associations like Toronto international society of innovation & advanced skills (TISIAS-iCAN), International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX), and IFIA Col Member, International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF), Indonesian Invention and Innovation Promotion Association, Korea International Youth Olympiad(KIYO), etc.
- The Center is also been functioning in partnership with UNESCO for the past 10 years.
- Two journal articles have been published in international Journal, the links of the articles are https://doi.org/10.3390/su13063483 and https://doi.org/10.3390/su13052799