SLIC | LK
Prof. N. M. S. Sirimuthu
Director and CEO
Mr. N. N. W. Dolawatta
Sri Lanka Inventors Commission (SLIC) is a statutory body established in terms of the Sri Lanka Inventors Incentives Act No. 53 of 1979 for the encouragement, promotion and manufacture of Sri Lanka inventions. Currently, the Commission is functioning under the purview of the State Ministry of Skills Development, Vocational Education, Research and Innovation. The Commission first came into operation in 1987.
Vision and Mission
- Prosperity through Inventions and Innovations
- Be the leading catalyst in bringing out innovative capability of the Nation. Be the forerunner of the facilitation process in converting ideas in to practical applications.
- Conducting Presidential Awards annually to the patented inventions of the citizens of Sri Lanka.
- Organizing National Invention and Innovation Exhibition and provide a platform for the inventors to showcase their inventions, meet the business partners and commercialize their inventions.
- Facilitate the participation of inventors in International Exhibitions or Competitions of Inventions and Innovations.
- Conducting tailor made programs to promote inventive culture among the Sri Lankan citizens.
- Providing Financial, Technical and Legal assistance towards the further development of inventions and innovations of Sri Lankans.
- Conducting Industry & Inventors linkage programs.
- “Innova Minds” a reality TV program for creating inventive culture among Sri Lankan Youth.
- Organizing seminars and training workshops to raise public awareness about creativity and inventiveness, business knowhow and entrepreneurship, protection of IP rights and the sharing knowledge of successful inventors.
- Sahasak Nimavum International Invention Exhibition and Competition.