Stockholm, October 2011
IFIA Executive Committee meeting 2011 hosted by SUF was organized in SUF 125 Jubilee Office, Virkesvägen 19, SE 120 30 Stockholm on 6 October alongside the 4th International Inventor’s Day and the SUF 125 . The following agenda was proposed and approved:
- Opening of the session
- Works in the first period of 2011 (Information)
- Preparation of the next IFIA events (Information)
- Preparation of the next IFIA General Assembly (Decision)
- Preparation of next IFIA projects and others to 2012
- The IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee
- Others (Finace)
- Closing of the session
1. Opening of the session
IFIA President, Mr. Vedres, called the Executive Committee members and officially opened the meeting.
Mr. Alireza Rastegar, Iran
Ms. Ana Hafner, Slovenia
Mr. Joel Shaka Momodu, Nigeria
Mr. Lennart Nilson, Sweden
Mr. Dr. Fuad A. Al-Awwad, Saudi Arabia
Mr. Dr. Octavian Plesa, Romania
Mr. Pavel Dlohy, Czech Rep.
Mr. Vladimir Petriasov, Russia
Mr. Janos Szöllösy, Hungary
Dr. Adam Rylski
Mr. Pavao Havlicek
2. Works in the first period of 2011
There were 3 reports about IFIA events:
AGRO ARCA by Mr. Pavao Havlicek,
CII in Taiwan, Province of China by Mr. James SU
New Time – Sevastopol by Mr. András Vedres.
The ExCO expressed thanks for the organization works of these events.
3. Preparation of the next IFIA events
The main projects include Competition of Green Inventions to be organized alongside IENA, Nuremberg and Competition of Chemical Inventions to be held coincident with IWIS, Warsaw. The judging will be done by The IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee (see under 6).
The representative of President on IFIA event in Nigeria is Ms. Ana Hafner (Slovenia).
4. Preparation of the next IFIA General Assembly
It was proposed to organize the GA hosted by China Association of Inventions in Kunshan International Expo Centre, China on 10 November, 2012 connected to the 7th International Exhibition of Inventions (Kunshan), New Techniques and Products to be held during 9-12 November, 2012. This Proposal was unanimously approved.
5. Preparation of next IFIA projects and others to 2012
This will be discussed on the second part of ExCo meeting.
6. The IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee
The ExCo accepted the presidential proposal regarding IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee as follows:
- The members of the IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee (in next “Committee”) are the IFIA ExCo members and the IFIA Directors.
- The mission of the Committee is to propose the awarded items to the IFIA President for his decisions.
- The Chairman of the Committee is assigned by the IFIA President.
- The quorum of the Committee is minimum 5 persons (including the Chairman).
Inventions will be evaluated according to their inventiveness which accounts for 35 %, possible future benefits 35 %, and the quality of the actual presentation 30 %. The score list based on the added points (maximum 35+35+30=100 points).
The Criteria for evaluation of the inventiveness – maximum 35 points
- Actuality of the dissolving problem
- Surprising elements of the solution
- Quality of the technical solution
The Criteria for possible future benefits – maximum 35 points
- Can be the solution applied ?
- Is the solution innovated ?
- Benefits and disadvantages
- Ecological aspects
The Criteria for Quality of the actual presentation – maximum 30 points
- Clear to all or mysterious presentation
- Clever tools for presentation or convenient way only
- Neat or tasteless presentation
- Convincing presentation for the potential partners
Pavao Havlicek from Croatia is assigned the Chairman of the IFIA Invention Evaluating Committee by the IFIA President. His mandate is Stockholm, Nuremberg and Warsaw IFIA events.
The President provided information about his letter to the US President Barack Obama about the acceptance of the “first file” system in USA.
Ms. Ana Hafner and János Szöllösy were proposed as finance auditors. This Proposal was unanimously approved.
The second part of this IFIA ExCo meeting was determined to be held on 4 November in Warsaw connected to the 5th IWIS 2011 to discuss about the preparation of 2012 work and General Assembly 2012.
8. Closing of the session
The President closed the ExCo meeting.