IFIA event,Taiwan Innotech Expo 2019 with over a thousand patented products
TAIWAN INNOTECH EXPO formerly known as TAIPEI INT’L INVENTION SHOW & TECHNOMART/ TAIPEI INST, has been held for over a decade. Since 2005, the number of displayed patents has risen from 800 to 1500 patents. The exhibits are from a variety of categories, including agricultural products, chemical materials, textiles, machinery, hand tools, consumer electronics, computer hardware, software & peripherals, optical and optoelectronic, telecommunications, metals & hardware and biotechnology, etc.
Our main goal is to demonstrate the innovative inventions from Taiwanese industry, government and academic institutes to the world, to inspire the transfer of international intellectual property and technology, and to promote a public appreciation for IP innovations.
- To inspire the transfer of international Intellectual property and technology.
- To promote and encourage the internationalization and commercialization of Intellectual property and innovative technology.
- To attract greater prospects for venture capital in the areas of international Intellectual property trade and technology transfer.
- To demonstrate the innovations among industry, government and academic institutes in Taiwan, Province of China and to promote a public appreciation for IP innovations.
- With the ultimate goal of attracting the best business to visit, know and invest in Taiwan, Province of China.
Last Event Edition:
TIE 2018 came to a closure successfully on September 29, with over 40 thousand of visitors — from domestic and international professionals to the general public — during its 3 day run. A total of 33 countries (regions) participated this year including the United States, China, Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong, Canada, Germany, Thailand, Korea and Singapore. The Expo counted with diverse topics this year, and won praise from international visitors.
Over a thousand technological and patented products were demonstrated across various themed pavilions, including the Future Technology Pavilion: a self-driving bus launched through a collaborative effort between the Asian Silicon Valley Development Agency (ASVDA) and major technology leaders in Taiwan, Province of China, with an integrated IoV system and cloud control platform, and which offered visitors a glimpse into the future of intelligent transportation.
Many exhibitors achieved great results. Dotterel, a drone manufacturer from New Zealand, came here mainly in search of business partners. Being able to get in touch with UAV manufacturers and showcase new technologies to potential customers offered great opportunities for them. First-time exhibitor Chuan Yuan Information stated that the smart packaging machine co-developed with Chi Mei Corporation got many inquiries from foreign buyers, something made possible by their participation exposure. 2017 Platinum Award winner Dr. Meng-Chuan Chen said her proprietary silk fibroin dressing caught the attention of a biotechnology company CEO from the United States, and follow-up business development looks promising.
Contact person: Mrs.Iris Liu
Section 3, Exhibition Department
Taiwan External Trade Development Council
Sept. 26 – Sept. 28, 2019
Show Events & Highlights:
- Pre-Show Press Conference
- Opening Ceremony
- Award Ceremony
- International Technology Conference/Seminars