PUNTAR Light B22d Wins IFIA Medal in ARCA 2017
The last decade has seen a very dynamic development of sources of light, incorporating the latest technology in the production of Light Emitting Diode (LED), new optical systems, and recently the need for enviromental protection.
The PUNTAR light is a technical solution aiming to replace the existing defected lighthouse bulb with double filament B22d, used as standard in marine signalling, with LEDs completed with the optics and the electronic flash and the new developed remote control electronics. The glass balloon of the standard defected bulb is broken and the metal base is grinded to remove the remaining glass. The aluminium hexagonal profile is fitted as a frame for LEDs and optics.
The Puntar bulb has two lines, 3 light diodes each. Each line conects every second LED in a series, i.e. in case of one line malfunction, light will still be working and the regulation of outpower increses accordingly.
Advantages of Puntar Innovation
- Optics directs the light in the desired direction and thus reduces light pollution
- Durability up to 100000 h
- It is replaced in the same way as the standard light bulb with no need for additional tools
- A stronger source of light
- It reduces battery capacity needed
- Maintenance costs are reduced and safety is increased