The Finnish Inventors’ National Federation was founded in 1971 and its purpose is to represent the Finnish inventors at home and abroad, to promote invention activities, to defend the rights of inventors, to increase the awareness and appreciation of inventors. The common goal of the federation and its member associations is
- to encourage citizens to use their creativity
- to make such an impact on society, that ideas and inventions can be effectively introduced for the common good.
The ca 1000 person members of its 21 member associations are inventors, innovators, entrepreneurs, employee inventors, product developers, product designers as well as innovation and IPR specialists. FINF is a co-operative body of this nationwide network of associations. FINF is also one of the founding members of IFIA.
Mr. Petri Peltonen
Association of Finnish Inventors
The purpose of the Finnish Inventors’ Association KEKE is to represent Finnish inventors in Finland and abroad, to promote inventive step, to advocate for inventors and to defend their rights, and to increase the awareness and appreciation of inventive step. The common goal of the association and its member associations is to encourage citizens to use their creativity and to influence society in such a way that ideas and inventions can be efficiently used for the inventors’ own and common benefit.
The personal members of the member associations of the Confederation are inventors, innovators, entrepreneurs, inventors of employment and higher education, product developers and designers, as well as specialists in the field of innovation and IPR. The Finnish Federation of Inventors is a co-operation body of all these. The association’s member association network is nationwide. Member associations organize programmatic training evenings, seminars, company visits, inventor demonstrations, workshop activities, etc. related to invention activities.
There are about 20 inventors’ associations in our country, most of which are member associations of the Confederation. The association is also a member of the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations IFIA.
The personal and support membership benefits of the member associations of the Finnish Federation of Inventors are:
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) advisory services, which help inventors to move forward confidentially in financial and IP matters. Provide your membership number when calling the counseling service.
- Free IPR clinics;
- Low-cost participation in trade fair events.
- In addition, members have the opportunity to register with the association’s media information bank and refer to subscription inventor groups.