IFIA CORRESPONDING MEMBERS
Corresponding members do not have voting right and include:
- Inventor associations other than the one representing a country as a full member (i.e., local inventor associations, or organizations and associations specific to women, or to youth);
- Associations of scientists, researchers, etc.;
- Corporations and companies, in particular micro and small enterprises;
- Governmental agencies which promote inventive activity;
- Innovation centers, research centers and universities.
Summary of rights:
- Speak at the General Assembly
- Upgrading to Full membership when reaching the operational stage
- IFIA’s services and offers on event registration, etc.
- Accreditation (IFIA certificate of membership).
Corresponding members are responsible to perform the following activities in order to promote IFIA goals:
1. Participation in IFIA events (at least once a year)
2. Participation in General Assembly meetings held twice a year (participation is arbitrary but without voting right ).
3. Submission of the annual report to IFIA
i. The number of active members of association
ii. The number of organized national or international events such as educational workshops, exhibitions, seminars, conferences or congresses and etc.
iii. A full report of inventions which are commercialized
iv. Submission of the most updated report about the entity leadership
v. Submission of a report on the participation in IFIA event
4. Payment of the annual membership fee in due time
In case any of the Corresponding Members does not act based on the above-mentioned criteria, the presidency presents a report of their lack of activity to the Executive Committee, their membership will be suspended and their membership status will be decided upon in the next General Assembly meeting.