IFIA plans to open its headquarters for Asian countries in Qatar
This proposal will be prepared by the President of IFIA and will be submitted to the Executive Committee soon. In this regard, initial talks have begun with the representatives of Qatar.
The IFIA’s Asia Office (IFAO) will manage Asian countries and will also be a bridge between Middle Eastern countries. The center will be responsible for holding the International Exhibition of Innovation, Technology Transfer, the management of the festival jury in Asia, as well as the formation of the Asian Network.
IFIA Asian Office (IFAO)
IFIA Asian office works under the direct authority of the President and the control of the Executive Committee (ExCo) to implement the policies decided by IFIA General Assembly and Executive Committee.
The main objective of the Asian network is to contribute to the promotion of the invention in Asia by creating a great system of communication between IFIA member associations in different countries of the Asian Continent.
The main functions of the Network are to develop relations between member associations, establish and maintain regular and useful contacts with Asian patent offices and develop ties with the Asian innovation authorities.
IFIA ASIAN NETWORK TO FOSTER INNOVATION AND DEVELOPMENT
1. This is a working group of IFIA. It consists of Asian IFIA members who declare their participation in the IFIA ASIAN INVENTOR NETWORK (Network).
2. The Network means that it is part of IFIA, under the direct authority of the President, and the control of the Executive Committee (ExCo).
3. The Network will, therefore:
a) implement activities decided by the General Assembly (GA) or the ExCo.
b) act under the general or specific instructions of the President.
c) suggest new activities to the President.
d) report directly to the President.
4.The geographic sphere of competence of the Network will be the Asian continent.
Functions and Activities
5. The main parts of the Network will be to:
a) Develop relations between member associations.
b) Establish and maintain useful and regular contacts with Asian patent offices.
c) Establish and maintain relations with the Asian innovation authorities.
6. No additional fees from its members,
7. The expenses of the Network will be paid from the IFIA Budget and the Network members.
8. The Network must remain a neutral body, as is the IFIA of which it is part. This means that the Department will:
a) not advance the cause of any specific country or group of countries,
b) implement the policies decided by IFIA GA or ExCo.
9. The Network members elect the Main Coordinator who organizes the work and represents the members and Coordinators to assist him.