Seoul, November 2013
IFIA Executive Committee meeting was organized in Seoul, Republic of Korea on 30 November 2013. The following agenda was proposed and approved:
- Opening of the session
- Main events in 2013
- Date of GA 2014
- Main IFIA events in 2014
- Amendment of the Statutes – proposal to GA
- Next ExCo meeting
- Closing of the session
1. Opening of the session
IFIA President, Mr. Vedres, called the Executive Committee members and officially opened the meeting.
- Iran – Mr. Alireza Rastegar
- Korea Rep. – Mr. Shin Kyoung-ho
- Russia – Mr. Vladimir Petriasov
- Nigeria – Mr. Joel Shaja Momodu
- Sweden – Mr. Cenneth Lindkvist
- Philippines – Mr. Virgilio Malang
- Slovenia – Ms. Ana Hafner – in her representative Bojan Gorsic
- Dr. Adam Rylski: Director General
- Mr. Husein Hujic
- Mr. James Su
Representatives of members from: Brazil, Poland, Syria and Thailand
2. Main events in 2013
IFIA President provided a report on the major events organized in 2013 and it was unanimously accepted by the members.
- 3rd Computer Implemented Inventions – connected to Geneva Salon, 10-14 April – 43 items from 6 countries
- 2nd Chemical Inventions – connected to IWIS, 8 -10 October – 34 items from 7 countries
- 3rd Eco-inventions – connected to IENA, 31 October – 3 November 2013 – 64 items from 15 countries
- 6th Celebration of International Inventors’ Day – connected to Ukrainian Inventors’ Day – Sevastopol, September 27
International Order of Merit of the Inventors was awarded to the following members:
Officer: Vladimir Petriasev, Aleksej Onipko, Maria Gontsarenko, Vladimir Selischev
Knight: Marcelo Vivacqua, Ivan Braèiæ, Bernarda Cecelja, Pavel Dlohý, Jevgenij Parasolov
Árpád Bogsch Memory Medal was awarded to the following figures:
- Benoît Battistelli, President of European Patent Office (October 30, Münich)
- Teresa Stanek Rea, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce and Acting Director of the USPTO (November 13, Alexandria)
3. Date of GA 2014
It was proposed to organize the GA in Kunshan, International Exhibition Center alongside the 8th International Invention Exhibition hosted by CAI in November 2014. The following supports were offered to the participants:
- 3x3m free booth/IFIA organization;
- Free local transportation
- 5 day free accomodation for IFIA leaders;
- Bonus for the exhibited 10 excellent IFIA inventions
The proposal was unanimously approved.
4. Main IFIA events in 2014
Mr. Marcelo Vivacqua (President of the ABIPIR) proposed to organize International Inventors’ Day Connected to IDC and INNOVAWORLD in Vitoria, Espirito Santo State (Brazil) on October 10, 2014.
Dr. Michal Sota (President of the SPWiR) proposed to organize World Competition of Chemical inventions alongside IWIS 2014.
Mr. James Su (President of the TIIIA) proposed to organize World Competition of Young Creators.
The proposals was unanimously accepted.
5. Amendment of the Statutes
The participants of the meeting discussed the published modification proposal article by articles.
After the debate the ExCo accepted this modified Statutes: Amendment of the IFIA Statutes
6. Next ExCo meeting
It was proposed to organize the meeting in the first period of 2014 connecting alongside an IFIA official exhibition. The following agenda was proposed to be discussed:
- Nomination of new President
The proposal was unanimously accepted.
7. Closing of the session
The President closed the ExCo meeting.