Dr. Mohammad Wardeh
Representative of IFIA
Mr. Yasser Sada
Syrian Inventors Association was established in 2002 aiming to support and care for the Syrian inventors. Association established in Damascus, and its activities include all governorates of the Syrian Arab Republic. Its main headquarters is in Damascus, and it has branches in the rest of the governorates.
- Putting the directives of the President of the Syrian Arab Republic that focused on innovation, invention and scientific research into practical.
- Protecting the legitimate rights and interests of inventors and creators, introducing their inventions, and providing them with assistance.
- Developing scientific and creative research for members of the association by creating a library that includes scientific and cultural references, inventions and books that research economic and social development in the Syrian Arab Republic and the world.
- Paying attention to creativity, invention and scientific research in the Syrian Arab Republic and the world, and encouraging and supporting scientific curricula and ideas by all means and methods.
- Cooperating with media institutions in the country to publish information and documents related to female inventors and prepare specialized media programs for this purpose.
- Submitting the necessary proposals that contribute to the classification and arrangement of inventions according to the international classification and in line with the legislation in force in the Syrian Arab Republic.
- Participating with agencies specialized in examining invention projects from a scientific and technological point of view and submitting the necessary proposals in this regard.
- Publishing researches and studies that serve the goals of the association and issuing publications and bulletins related to them.
- Inform the members of the association on scientific and technical developments so that they have the necessary expertise and information that links invention to science and scientific research with the aim of contributing inventions to the comprehensive development of the country.
- Participation in scientific conferences and symposia held by bodies and organizations in the field of invention inside and outside the country.
- Setting annual plans for holding scientific seminars, exhibitions and training courses for members. Assembly and participation in exhibitions held by the state, and awarding prizes to distinguished creators and inventors whose inventions contribute to the support and development of the national economy.
- Pursuing all available resources to help inventors to invest their inventions.
- Expressing opinion on draft laws related to invention and creativity or amending them.
- Striving to develop the citizens’ self-ability in the field of scientific research, creativity and invention.
- Cooperating with the concerned bodies and associations in this field in order to unify efforts to achieve the goals of the association.
- Striving with the specialized authorities to provide banking facilities to members to obtain the necessary loans to support inventions and inventors with favorable terms appropriate to their circumstances.
- Striving with public authorities and private sector entities to create specialized centers aimed at supporting and developing inventions and investing them.
- Creating a cooperation fund whose internal and financial regulations are drawn up by the Board of Directors and approved by the General Authority and the competent authorities.
- Seeking to secure headquarters for the association in Damascus and the governorates, in order to practice its goals and activities.
Syrian Inventors Association Activities Photos
Al-Bassel Exhibition 2021
Al-Bassel Exhibition for Creativity and Invention is held in conjunction with the sixty-second session of the Damascus International Fair from 28 August to 2 September 2021.
- Al-Bassel Exhibition for Creativity and Invention, a true embodiment of the directives of the immortal leader Hafiz Al-Assad and an expression of the hopes of the nation’s martyr, Basil Hafez Al-Assad.
- Embodiment of the slogan of self-reliance as a national position.
- Encouraging creative people, inventors and innovators to continue their scientific trends and develop their creativity.
- Maximum utilization of these inventions and putting them into practice in order to develop the base building.
- Capital investment and benefiting from it in following up the national innovation process.
- Providing a suitable general environment for the individual and public initiative and securing its material and human requirements.
- Taking care of creators and inventors and protecting their inventions, making them public and developing them.
- Getting acquainted with inventors locally and in the Arab world, benefiting from each other’s experiences, and strengthening relationships within the framework of creativity and invention with brotherly and friendly countries.
- The exhibition is a mirror of the achievements of the people of the nation on a creative vision and the heritage and civilization of our nation.