Malaysia Technology Expo 2018 Ends Successfully
The 17th Malaysia Technology Expo 2018 (MTE 2018), an international exhibition on inventions and innovations and its concurrent innovation awards held annually in Kuala Lumpur was successfully concluded recently at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur from the 22 – 24 February 2018.
The event was officiated by :
– Prof. Dato’Dr. Mashita Binti Mohd Yusoff, Timbalan Naib Canselor (Penyelidikan & Innovasi) UMP
– Dr. Mohd Hafiz B Jamaludin, Director of Consultation, IP & Commercialization, UMK
– Prof. Dr. Rahmah Ahmad H Osman, Deputy Rector (Research & Innovation), UIA
– Mr. Kuo-Chen Wu, President, Chinese Innovation and Invention Society, Chinese Taipei (CIIS)
– Ms. Erricha Insan Pratisi, President, Indonesian Innovation & Invention Promotion Association (INNOPA)
– Mr. Neven Markovic, Director, Croatian Inventors Network
– Dr. Wan Manshol, President, Malaysia Association of Research Scientists (MARS)
– Prof. Madya Dr. Awang Ahmad Sallehin bin Awang Husaini, Timbalan Pengarah 2 (Fakulti Sains Dan Teknologi Sumber) UNIMAS
This year, at least 19 participating countries , and an increase of exhibiting organizations and award entries were welcomed. The participation of the National STEM Movement was seen for the first time, who together with MTE, launched the inaugural STEM Mentor-Mentee Awards 2018. MTE remains committed to support STEM Education promotion and activities, not only at MTE, but also STEM activities throughout the year.
The exhibition attracted 135 organisations which comprised of local & International companies, universities, institutions of higher education, research institutions, foreign invention associations, individual inventors and schools.
Invention and Innovation Awards 2018 was held alongside with MTE 2018; organised by the Malaysian Association of Research Scientists (MARS). There are 24 product categories and the award categories are : Gold, Silver, Bronze, Merit and Special Awards.
There were 521 exhibits at MTE 2018. Out of these, 295 innovations entered into the Invention and Innovation awards. There were 295 winners for the Invention and Innovation Awards 2018.
Malaysia Technology Expo 2018 held the inaugural STEM Mentor-Mentee Awards. Organised by the National STEM Movement, MTE2018 provided the platform and sponsorship to make this event a reality and to recognize the Institution of Higher Learning in their contribution, commitment and excellence in STEM Mentor-Mentee Initiatives.
49 entries were received in this first year of introduction of the Awards, which exceeded the expectations of the Organizers. Judging was done at MTE2018, participants were provided with panels and display tables. Winners received their awards at the National STEM Movement high tea at the Eastin Hotel on the 25th Feb 2018.